Controlled Substance Disposal

April 18, 2018 - 12:00pm

Management of Unwanted/Expired Controlled Substances

Controlled substances that are expired or are no longer of use to your research must be disposed of through a reverse distributor.

Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) has made arrangements with reverse distributors to ensure that unwanted/expired controlled substances are securely transported and completely destroyed in compliance with EPA and DEA disposal requirements.

Please contact EH&S at or 412-624-9505 for additional information.