The University of Pittsburgh Police Department would like to remind the community to be cautious of individuals posing as utility workers to gain access to buildings.
The Department recently received complaints in the South Oakland area of an individual posing as a utility worker attempting to access buildings. The individual was identified as a utilitity employee in the area on legitimate business.
UPPD Identification Request: 412-624-2121
If you encounter a utility worker that you believe to be suspicious, ask for identification and call the company to confirm their status. You can also call our department to assist with any identification at 412-624-2121.
Some local utility companies include:
- Duquesne Light: 412-393-7100
- Peoples Gas: 1-800-400-4271
- Comcast/Xfinity: 1-800-934-6489
- Verizon: 1-800-837-4966
- Pittsburgh Water and Sewage Authority: 412-255-2423
- Pittsburgh Department of Mobility & Infrastructure: 412-255-8850